Easy Cast Iron Skillet Pork Chop Recipe | Oven Baked Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops
This easy cast iron skillet pork chop recipe will give you the very best Parmesan crusted pork chops. They are moist and perfectly done every time. These breaded pork chops are pan fried first and then baked in the oven. This cooking method is so easy, anyone can handle it and truly turn out perfect every time you make them. These Pork Chops are full of flavor and the perfect texture.
Growing up we had pork chops quite often…but I never really liked them. It wasn’t that I didn’t like them, I was just never impressed. The hubs was always a fan of Pork Chops so we made them a few times and agreed that there had to be away to make them better. Well, after much experimentation, we found a delicious, flavorful, healthy, and quick way to cook up these bad boys! Just grab your cast iron skillet and get ready to fall in love with pork chops all over again :)
This is a perfect weeknight meal because it only takes about 40 minutes from start to finish. However, it is mostly baking time so you can make your vegetables and sides while the pork chops cook! I always make sure we have a green vegetable with our dinner and the asparagus paired perfectly. I also make the actual best mashed potatoes...but I don’t have the recipe on the blog because it’s definitely a “wing it” type situation… Maybe one day I’ll figure out how much of everything I put in :)
The following post contains affiliate links. Crafting the Good Life is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Tips & Tools for Cooking these Cast Iron Skillet Pork Chops
The cooking method is important so it’s important you follow the directions!
You need a Cast Iron Skillet . It will not only serve you right for this recipe, but it makes so many dishes so much better!
Cast Iron Skillet - Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops
Makes: 2 Servings
- 2 Bone-in Pork Chops
- 1/2 Cup Italian Style Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 2-3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Egg
- 2-3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat Oven to 350.
- Place 3 bowls on your counter. Fill one with flour, one with the beaten egg, and one with bread crubms mixed with parmesan cheese.
- Heat 2 Tbsp EVOO in the skillet over medium-high heat and add in minced garlic for about one minute. Then, move garlic to the side of the pan, it's purpose is just to flavor the oil.
- Dip each pork chop in flour, then egg, then bread crumb mixture to cover all sides.
- Place pork chops in skillet and cook 4 minutes per side.
- Place skillet in the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes, until pork chops reach 145-150 degrees.
- Serve with your favorite veggies!
I hope you enjoy! Comment below if you make it!!